How to Apply for Housing
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME AFTER JULY 25TH.
Interested applicants must meet five eligibility requirements for admission to public housing:
- Qualify as a family
- Have an income within the income limits
- Meet citizenship/eligible immigrant criteria
- Provide documentation of Social Security cards and birth certificates (required at the time of application submission)
- Sign consent authorization documents
In addition to the eligibility criteria, families must also meet the Franklin Housing Authority’s screening criteria in order to be admitted to public housing.
All applications must include the following:
- Proof of income for everyone in the household
- Authorization Release Form (HUD 9886)
- Picture identification for all adults
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household
- Date of birth of each member to be in the household (birth certificate)
- Name, address, phone number of present and previous landlords for the past five years
- Childcare Expense and Medical Insurance Expense
- Citizenship of everyone in the household
- Fraud signature
- Assets (banking, savings, checking, retirement, insurances, inheritances, etc.)
* Franklin Housing Authority does not provide emergency housing. If you need housing immediately, please contact Nashville Rescue Mission at (615) 255-2475.