Homeless No More
Homeless No More is currently not accepting new clients until the next funding allotment is dispersed.
Individuals can refer to our resource lists (Shelters Across Tennessee & Assistance Resources) for any assistance needed.
Please check back to our page for future updates.
Homeless No More (HNM) is a rapid rehousing (RRH) rental assistance program under the HUD Homeless Assistance Program through the Central Tennessee 503 Continuum of Care (CoC). We serve individuals and families across nineteen middle Tennessee counties, who are facing homelessness, displacement, and/or fleeing domestic violence with no shelter options.
For counties not served by HNM, please click here for more information on other CoCs.
HNM provides outreach, intake, and assessment in order to identify service and housing needs and provides a link to the appropriate level of support for identified needs.
HNM defines homelessness per HUD's categories of homelessness (24 CFR 578) as follows:
- Individuals and families who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and includes a subset for an individual who is exiting an institution where he or she resided for 90 days or less and who resided in an emergency shelter or a place not meant for human habitation immediately before entering that institution;
- Unaccompanied youth and families with children and youth who are defined as homeless under other federal statutes who do not otherwise qualify as homeless under this definition; or
- Individuals and families who are fleeing, or are attempting to flee, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or other dangerous or life-threatening conditions that relate to violence against the individual or a family member
To qualify for services:
- Individuals must meet one of the homeless categories listed above;
- Have an income that does not exceed 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) in the county where homeless; and
- Be referred by third-party agency with Homeless Verification letter submitted
The Homeless Verification Letter is required to be submitted to the Franklin Housing Authority (FHA) by a third party via email at (HNM@franklinhousingauthority.com) or fax at 615-794-9254. All letters are reviewed and assigned to a HNM case manager. Once the case manager has been assigned to a case, they will contact the client directly.
Homeless Verification letters must be submitted by a third-party agency on letterhead with description of person(s) current homeless episode, name, contact information, all individuals involved (if household is more than one) and county where homeless. Agencies can include but are not limited to: social service agency, homeless shelter, DV shelter, church, hospital, jail, prison, etc.
Services Provided by the Homeless No More Program:
- Assistance with locating emergency shelter to provide an immediate and safe alternative to sleeping on the streets, especially for homeless families with children. Click here to view a list of shelters across TN
- Assistance with locating and referring to transitional housing with supportive services to allow for the development of skills that will be needed once permanently housed.
- Assistance with locating permanent and permanent supportive housing to provide individuals and families with an affordable place to live with services if needed.
- Case managers work with clients to actively research and seek out habitable, as well as affordable, housing options in the nineteen counties served.
HNM is not a Section 8 or public housing program.
HNM does not offer immediate or emergency housing.
Prior to services being provided an intake must be completed first where client(s) must bring the following for all involved household members:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Photo ID of all members 18 years and older
- Proof of Income/Employment
- Most Current SSI/SSDI Letter (if applicable)
Click here to view a list of assistance resources across Tennessee.