Are you 14-24 and ready to work this summer?
Youth WIOA Program
Who qualifies for youth WIOA?
- A high school dropout
- Individual with a disability
- A youth who is in compulsory attendance but has not attended school for at least most recent school year calendar quarter.
- An individual who is subject to the juvenile or adult justice system
- A homeless individual, a homeless child or youth, a runaway, in foster care or who has aged out of the foster care system, a child eligible for assistance under the Chaffee Act or in an out-of-home placement.
- An individual who is pregnant or parenting
- A receipt of a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent. Must be low-income or basic skills deficient or an English Language Learner.
- An individual who is low-income and needs additional assistance to enter or complete an education program or secure/hold employment.
ISY (In School Youth) must be low-income or have at least one other additional barrier.
OSY (Out of School Youth) must hit at least one barrier.
How Can Youth WIOA Help?
Current situations don't have to be destinations. WIOA YOUTH works with community partners to help young adults between the ages of 16 and 24 achieve their academic and employment goals. We help YOU build a better YOU.
YOUT WIOA provides financial help, as well as valuable educational, training and paid work experience opportunities through various resources and support services - all designed to help us building a better future.
Our trained and qualified staff will help young adults:
- Plan their career strategy.
- Achieve their high school diploma, HISET or other credential.
- Work toward practical job skills, independence and personal responsibility
- Prepare for long-term success.
Youth WIOA Can get you connected.
We know that achieving goals can be a challenge without a strong support system! That's why OUTH WIOA was created - to meet young adults where they are and give them an extra boost to get them where they want to go!
Youth WIOA Can help.
- Workshops - Offer year-round career and personal development workshops
- Paid Work Experience - Provide opportunities to earn money while working
- Financial Assistance - We are able to pay incentives for meeting milestones in training and employment, Tuition/Supportive Services for Post-Secondary Training (College/Tech School).
- Work Start-up cost - (Gas, Boots, Shoes, Clothes, etc.)
- Career Mentoring - Provide practical advice on careers and how to pursue them.
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce development and American Job Centers are ready to pair you with an amazing work experience this summer.
Earn While You Learn
Have the potential to earn up to $3,000 this summer while gaining a ton of experience that can help you level up in your career.
On-the-job paid training, mentorship and more!
Apply now to be matched with a career coach and get started.
Use the QR Code below to get started.